Deluxe Little Manatee River Canoe or Kayak Trip
Relax and see the "Real Florida" only 40 minutes from Tampa, St. Petersburg, Bradenton, or Sarasota! A canoe or kayak trip on the Little Manatee River is a great way to spend a few hours or whole day exploring one of Florida's outstanding waterways.
Float downstream with the current through the Little Manatee River State Park at your own pace and let us transport you back upstream. Observe wildlife, picnic in the park, go fishing or take a short hike. Come enjoy a great day in the Florida outdoors! Trips are self guided.
We offer you a day of paddling with a choice of:
- Canoes that carry 3 adults or 2 adults & 2 children under age 12; OR
- Double Kayaks for 2 passengers, OR
- Single Kayaks
|Deluxe Little Manatee River Canoe or Kayak Trip near Tampa, FL
March though July
August through February
- Self-Guided tours depart continuously from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Daily, except for Wednesday
- Self-Guided tours depart continuously from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Daily, except for Monday and Wednesday
||Tour does not offer hotel pick-up and drop-off. The tour departs from Wimauma, FL - about 28 miles south-southwest of downtown Tampa; directions will be provided on your E-Ticket. Tour is priced per canoe (3 adults or 2 adults & 2 children under 12 per canoe) or kayak; rate includes tax. Please reserve online, or call us toll-free at 888-805-7497.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order.
There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown includes any and all taxes, fuel surcharges, and service fees. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
The Little Manatee River is one of Florida's few unspoiled waterways. Designated an "Outstanding Florida Waterway", with one of the highest levels of water quality in the state.
This awesome trip offers you a chance to canoe or kayak through park lands and view beautiful natural habitat. Most commonly on this trip, people see many turtles, fish, birds, and a few alligators. Occasionally, we see deer, hogs, otters and Florida manatees. All plants and animals in the park are protected. There is NO feeding or molestation of animals allowed.
River Conditions & Experience Levels
The Little Manatee River is a small and narrow stream with lots of twists and tree obstructions, both above and below the water. To preserve habitat, we do not clear fallen trees completely from bank to bank but there is always a clear passage. We have a water level operating range of about 6 feet. Depending on rainfall and season, you may be paddling in inches of water with little current to several feet of water with a strong current.
While all levels can be paddled, the higher river levels require higher abilities to direct your kayak or canoe. Please verify conditions are appropriate for your experience level.
We offer 17' aluminum Grumman canoes that have two seated paddling positions and two middle sections to hold gear or additional passengers. Additional passengers will sit on boat cushions. We allow up to three adults or two adults and two children under 12 in each canoe.
We also offer 16' fiberglass Mohawk canoes if customers prefer. They are gel coated and have no keel. They are slightly faster than the aluminum boats but slightly less roomy and not recommended for over three persons.
Each canoe comes with canoe paddles, life jackets for everyone, two boat cushions for each extra passenger, padded and adjustable seat backs for the seated paddling positions and a dry bag or box to keep small items dry while on the river.
Kayaks offer a wonderful way to experience our river. Our kayaks are more stable and easier to handle than a canoe. In a kayak, you sit with your legs outstretched in front of you and you are seated closer down to the water. Remember that kayaks have less capacity than canoes and are limited to carrying only 1 person in a single kayak or 2 persons in a double kayak. Space for coolers and gear is more limited in a kayak also.
We offer double sit in style kayaks for 2 people. Total weight or persons and gear should net exceed 600 lbs. We also offer single kayaks in either sit in or sit on top styles in a variety of sizes with weight limits up to 400 lbs.
- This is a water activity. Casual clothes or bathing suits and footwear appropriate for wet conditions should be worn.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, a hat, sunglasses, water and snacks are all good items to bring with you.
- Coolers must not exceed 30" in width and large coolers should be counted as a person.
- You may bring drinks and picnic lunches with you. We offer cooler rentals, drinks and snack items for sale at our facility if you prefer.
- After arriving at the facility there is a 10-15 minute check in process. We launch you off in your Canoe or Kayak to float and paddle downstream. At the halfway point you can stop at the picnic pavillions, with nearby rest rooms, playground and a nature trail.
- You have access to rope swings or choose to fish for bass or bluegill along the way. Your river trip may last up to all day but the actual paddling time is about 2 hours. If you choose to, you may paddle some side trips that can add up to an additional 1.5 hours of paddle time.
- IMPORTANT PICKUP INFORMATION!! : We do not time the trip, but we do require that you are on time to meet the bus at the pick up point at one of the appointed times: 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:45 pm or the last pick up at 5:00 pm.
Conditions & Restrictions
- Closed Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- Tours are subject to the variables of river conditions.
- Please verify the expected conditions two days prior to your expected day for appropriate experience levels.
- This is a wilderness trip. Wildlife may be present on the river.
- No styrofoam of any kind allowed.
- Every customer must sign a waiver of liability prior to the trip.
- At least one member of the group must be 18 years of age.
- Customers are responsible for the return of all equipment rented in like condition.
- Moderate and responsible alcohol use is permitted.
- Florida law requires that all persons under 6 years of age wear a life jacket.
- Total weight maximum of 600lbs for people and gear is allowed in a canoe.
- No radios, firearms, knives, saws or cutters are allowed in order to preserve the habitat.
The whole family gets the opportunity to spend a great day in the Florida outdoors observing wildlife, enjoying a picnic in the park, going fishing or taking a short hike. The entire family can enjoy a wonderful day with nature!
Tour does not offer hotel pick-up and drop-off. The tour departs from Wimauma, FL - about 28 miles south-southwest of downtown Tampa; directions will be provided on your E-Ticket. Tour is priced per canoe (3 adults or 2 adults & 2 children under 12 per canoe) or kayak; rate includes tax. Please reserve online, or call us toll-free at 888-805-7497.